Mr. Arnold tells of the Anshe Chesed congregation in Cleveland from its' beginnings in the 1800's and original temple in the Market District (Progressive Field). Later, the congregation built a temple on Scovill Avenue and later at Euclid Avenue and East 82nd Street (the current Liberty Hill Baptist Church). By the 1950's much of Cleveland's Jewish population moved to the heights and congregations sought new temple locations near their home. The Anshe Chesed congregation purchased land in Beachwood and built the Fairmount Temple. Mr. Arnold describes the facility in relation to those that preceded it for the congregation.
Arnold, Nate (interviewee)
Lanese, James (interviewer); Valore, Kenneth (interviewer)
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.
"Nate Arnold Interview, 2011" (2011). Cleveland Regional Oral History Collection. Interview 127004.