Abstract

This is an interview conducted with Frank Lucas, Parish Council President of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Lithuanian parish. The interview begins with talk of the formation of the parish in 1929 to accommodate the growing Lithuanian community in the Collinwood and Euclid neighborhoods. The first part of the interview traces the location of the parish in the early years along with a growing parish community. In 1953 a new church was dedicated and the school and auditorium were built later. As the interview continues talk of parish life and Lithuanian culture continues.In the later part of the interview discussion is over architectural details of the church, merging parishes and balancing Lithuanian identity.

Creator

Lucas, Frank (interviewee)

Creator

Valore, Kenneth (interviewer); Lanese, James (interviewer)

Project

Sacred Landmarks

Date

9-15-2011

Document Type

Oral History

Duration

60 minutes

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.

Share

COinS