"Birds-eye view of Civilian Conservation Camp, located off Highland Road, in Euclid" --photo verso.
As part of the FDR’s New Deal, the Civilian Conservation Corp was created in 1933. It created jobs for out of work Americans and led to the creation of many parks and public lands across the country. In Cleveland, Euclid Creek Reservation, Brecksville Reservation, the Cuyahoga Valley National Par, and other area parks were improved by corp members during the period of time between 1933 and 1942.
Cleveland Press Collection
Donated by Joseph E. Cole