On Friday, October 21, 2011, C|M|LAW held a symposium entitled ”The Politicization of Judicial Elections and Its Effect on Judicial Independence and LGBT Rights”, featuring
- The Hon. Marsha K. Ternus, former Chief Justice, Iowa Supreme Court, ousted after the court’s decision in Varnum v. Brien , which held unconstitutional a state statute limiting marriage rights to a union between a man and a woman.
- Camilla Taylor, Lambda Law attorney who successfully litigated Varnum through the Iowa courts
- Daniel Tokaji, Ohio State Law Professor and expert on election law and issues
- C|MLAW Professor Susan Becker, introductory remarks
- C|M|LAW Professor Matthew Green, panel moderator
This document is a research guide highlighting relevant articles, web sites and books relevant to judicial independence and LGBT rights.
Altmeyer, Sue M., "Research Resources for Judicial Independence and LGBT Rights Symposium" (2011). Research Guides - Archived. Paper 8.