Save the Date!
Friday, March 8th, 2019
Pre-Conference March 7th
Join us for our second annual OpenCon Cleveland event, back by popular demand! At this event we'll celebrate and explore open education and open access with speakers, panels, and activities. Librarians, library staff, instructional designers, and faculty are all welcome to attend.
Online registration for the Conference is closed. Anyone who would like to attend the Main Conference can register in person on March 8 beginning at 8:30 a.m. The Pre-Conference session on March 7 is full and has a waiting list.
The option to purchase a boxed lunch is closed.See Pre-Conference and Conference schedule of events below.
LocationOpenCon Cleveland 2019 will be hosted at Cleveland State University. The Pre-Conference on March 7 will be held at the Michael Schwartz Library, located in Rhodes Tower (RT building) and the Main Conference on March 8 will be held at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law building (LB), in the Moot Courtroom.
Travel and transportation
Parking is available for a fee. Recommended visitor parking lots include the Central Garage (CG) located at 1900 East 21st Street, Cleveland. When entering the lot, pull the ticket and park in any of the visitor parking spaces. You will need your ticket to exit the garage and you may pay with credit card or cash as you exit (Maximum fee is $10). Alternate parking is at the West Garage (WG), located at Chester Ave. and 17th Street or in Lot 22 (enter from East 22nd Street). Map of CSU
The Crowne Plaza is less than ½ mile from CSU. Attendees can walk or ride the free E-Line Trolley to OpenCon Cleveland.
Crowne Plaza Cleveland at Playhouse Square
1260 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland Ohio 44115
Phone: (216) 615-7500
For accommodations on campus, the Comfort Inn Downtown at 1800 Euclid is another option
Comfort Inn Downtown
1800 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Phone: (216) 861-0001
OpenCon Cleveland 2019 Planning Committee
- Mandi Goodsett, (Committee Chair) Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Barbara Loomis, Digital Scholarly Publications and Programs Administrator, Michael Schwartz Library
- Marsha Miles, Head, Collections and Digital Initiatives, Michael Schwartz Library
- Ben Richards, Business and Communication Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Maggie Kiel-Morse, Reference Librarian, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Heather Caprette, Sr. Media Developer/Instructional Designer, Center for eLearning
- Melanie Gagich, Associate College Lecturer, First-Year Writing Program