Fr. Phillip Bernier, a Capuchin Franciscan Friar, discusses the history and role of the Church of the Conversion of St. Paul in Cleveland's Midtown Corridor. Located on the corner of East 40th Street and Euclid Avenue, the parish was originally conceived under the auspice of Archbishop Joseph Shrembs in 1930. Fr. Bernier, the pastor to the shrine of the Conversion of St. Paul, discusses his life history, the needs of the Midtown Corridor community, outreach, and various restoration projects. Other topics include symbolism, Franciscan orders, and Church architecture.
Bernier, Fr. Bernier (interviewee)
Souther, Mark (interviewer)
"Fr. Phillip Bernier Interview, 9 August 2007" (2007). Cleveland Regional Oral History Collection. Interview 910014.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.