St. James of Lakewood is located at 17514 Detroit Avenue. The church was built between 1920 and 1947 reflecting several prevalent European architectural and decor styles. The parish served the western Lakewood community for about one hundred years through its closing in 2008 by the Diocese of Cleveland. The parish closure is being appealed to the Vatican at this time. In the interview, too parishioners Toni Sabo and Joe Dwyer, describe the church building design, structure and interior decor. Additionally, they comment of the parish community, and its role in the neighborhood that it serves, as well as the effort to preserve the church and parish.
Sabo, Toni (interviewee); Dwyer, Joseph (interviewee)
Lanese, James (interviewer); Valore, Kenneth (interviewer)
"Toni Sabo and Joseph Dwyer Interview, 2011" (2011). Cleveland Regional Oral History Collection. Interview 127005.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.