The Park Main Synagogue by architect Eric Mendolson was the congregations first move from its origins in Cleveland's Glenville neighborhood. Park School facility and land was purchased in the 1940's and the temple and school and meeting facilities were built on the grounds in Cleveland Heights between Mayfield Road and Euclid Heights Boulevard in a wooded setting. Additional facilities ware added in the 1960's making it one of the largest complexes in the area. Continued growth and movement of the congregation fostered additional building in Pepper Pike (Park East Synagogue). At present, both facilities are in use for worship services, event rentals, and community needs. Space at Park Main is also utilized for other (non-Jewish) religious services on a weekly basis.
Petler, Ellen (interviewee)
Lanese, James (interviewer); Valore, Kenneth (interviewer)
"Ellen Petler Interview, 2011" (2011). Cleveland Regional Oral History Collection. Interview 127007.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License.