Save the Date!
OpenCon Cleveland Conference: Friday, February 28th, 2020
Pre-Conference: Thursday, February 27th, 2020
Join us for our third annual OpenCon Cleveland event, back by popular demand! At this event we'll celebrate and explore open education and open access with speakers, panels, and activities. Librarians, library staff, instructional designers, and faculty are all welcome to attend. The theme of OpenCon this year is Access to Justice.
Registration for the Conference will be open soon.
LocationOpenCon Cleveland 2020 will be hosted at Cleveland State University. The Pre-Conference on February 27 will be held at the Michael Schwartz Library, located in Rhodes Tower (RT building) and the Main Conference on February 28 will be held at the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law building (LB), in the Moot Courtroom.
Travel and transportation
The Crowne Plaza is less than ½ mile from CSU. Attendees can walk or ride the free E-Line Trolley to OpenCon Cleveland.
Crowne Plaza Cleveland at Playhouse Square
1260 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland Ohio 44115
Phone: (216) 615-7500
For accommodations on campus, the Comfort Inn Downtown at 1800 Euclid is another option
Comfort Inn Downtown
1800 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Phone: (216) 861-0001
OpenCon Cleveland 2019 Planning Committee
- Mandi Goodsett, (Committee Chair) Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Barbara Loomis, Digital Scholarly Publications and Programs Administrator, Michael Schwartz Library
- Marsha Miles, Head, Collections and Digital Initiatives, Michael Schwartz Library
- Ben Richards, Business and Communication Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Heather Caprette, Sr. Media Developer/Instructional Designer, Center for eLearning
- Sam Diomede, Senior Instructional Designer, Center for eLearning
- Melanie Gagich, Associate College Lecturer, First-Year Writing Program
A schedule of events will be available in early February 2020.