OpenCon Cleveland 2021
OpenCon Cleveland was held online from May 13 - May 14, 2021. OpenCon is an annual regional event which celebrates the benefits of open education to student learning. Faculty, students, librarians, instructional designers, and administrators, especially in the Northeast Ohio region, were all welcome to this FREE series of presentations and discussions.
Find Regina Gong's presentation at https://engagedscholarship.csuohio.edu/oa/opencon2021/keynote_presentation/1/
Regina Gong, Open Educational Resources (OER) and Student Success Librarian
Keynote Presentation:Straddling in the Middle: Librarians as Connectors Between Students and Educators
Regina Gong is the Open Educational Resources (OER) & Student Success Librarian at Michigan State University (MSU). Regina is actively involved in the open education community and has done numerous national presentations, webinars, and workshops on OER, open education, open educational practices, and Women of Color in OER (#WoCinOER). Regina currently serves in the Open Education Conference Steering Committee, SPARC Open Education Advisory Group, and a faculty, for the Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) Institute for Open Educational Resources. Previously, she was a member of the SPARC Steering Committee and the Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER), where she served as VP for professional development for three years. Regina also provides leadership to the statewide Michigan OER Network (MI-OER), a community of practice, and a coalition of OER advocates across K-20 in Michigan. She is also a recipient of the OER Research Group Fellowship and a Global OER-Graduate Network (GO-GN) member. Regina obtained her Masters in Library and Information Science (MLIS) at Wayne State University and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration at Michigan State University.
You can follow her on Twitter @drgong.
OpenCon Cleveland 2021 Planning Committee
- Mandi Goodsett, (Committee Chair) Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Barbara Loomis, Digital Scholarly Publications and Programs Administrator, Michael Schwartz Library
- Marsha Miles, Head, Collections and Resource Management, Michael Schwartz Library
- Ben Richards, Business and Communication Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Heather Caprette, Sr. Media Developer/Instructional Designer, Center for eLearning
- Melanie Gagich, Associate College Lecturer, First-Year Writing Program